Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 6: The cravings begin!

I really wish I could eat Chipotle, or drink hot chocolate, or have toast with butter.  But I can't because I am doing The Cleanse.  Instead, I just ate a teaspoon of unrefined coconut oil.  It went down easy.  Then I added 10 grams of protein powder to grape juice.  It almost tasted like sorbet.  Almost.

This is the first day I've had serious emotional cravings.  I think it is because my day was so long, boring, and disappointing.  I will spare you the details.  But I'll say this: I hope the next 15 days are not like today!

Let's focus on the positive.  I am glad to be eating 1 cup lentils instead of 1/2 cup brown rice (way more flavor and calories).  I have used my new cast iron pan almost every day (yay for residual beef fat from pre-cleanse steak).  And I am very much looking forward to adding chicken and fish on Day 11.

Ok, I don't feel so bad anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment