Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 15: Find a Routine

Today begins the final week of the three week cleanse.  Counting today (day 15), I am 71% done. Woohoo!  Throughout the past 14 days, I've developed a routine for shopping, cooking, and eating to help me save time and make life (and digestion) more predictable.  I buy the same things at the grocery store every time I go, cook a ton of lentils at the beginning of the week, and eat the same basic foods all week long.  Below is a typical day.

Before Breakfast
16 oz warm water with lemon

Breakfast
Smoothie made with 1 c. frozen fruit, 1 c. spinach, 3/4 c. carrot juice, 1 tsp. omega-3, 1/2 tsp. probiotic
16 oz herbal tea (usually ginger, Throat Coat, or other warming beverage - to help melt icy smoothie)

Morning snack (sometimes I eat "morning snack" at home and smoothie at work)
3-5 oz chicken breast or salmon
1-2 c. vegetable saute - mushroom, onion, garlic, zucchini, paprika and other spices

Lunch
Smoothie (I make a double batch at breakfast and save the second half for lunch)
Salad: 4-6 c. spring mix lettuce, 1 c. kale, 1 T. chia seeds, 1 c. red lentils (heated, to wilt salad)
Dressing:: 2-4 T. olive oil + balsamic vinegar, as dressing
8 oz water

Snack
2 c. raw cabbage (red or green)
1 c. butternut squash, if I'm still hungry or planning to exercise after work
8 oz water

Dinner
Smoothie made with 1 c. frozen fruit, 1 c. spinach, 3/4 c. carrot juice, 1 tsp. omega-3, 1/2 tsp. probiotic
3-5 oz chicken breast or salmon
2 c. steamed broccoli or cauliflower
Sweet potato, baked or made into sweet potato fries, seasoned with fresh rosemary from my garden
Apple or pear for dessert, if I'm still hungry
8 oz water

Before bed
8 oz water

Misc - whenever I feel like I need more calories
Baba ganoush
Celery
Carrot sticks
Sauteed eggplant
Tomato slices
Fruit juice + 10-20 g protein powder (on hard exercise days)
1/2 c. brown rice - but I rarely eat rice because the lentils are much more filling (and I have to choose one or the other, can't have both)

I haven't checked my weight since last week, when the gym scale's batteries died, but I will make an effort to re-measure soon!  Just a reminder, my goal on this cleanse is to gain weight!  Or, at least, not lose weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment