Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 4: Sweat it all out

Today I signed up for a free 3-day pass to my local gym for the sole reason of utilizing their sauna and steam room.  Best. Idea. Ever!  I'm naturally a cold person.  My fingers and toes have a tendency to feel like ice cubes, especially in the winter. All the frozen fruit smoothies and raw vegetables (which have a cooling effect) that I have been eating exacerbate the situation.  So it felt extra nice to sit in the 185 degree sauna for 15 minutes and let the sweat bead up on my skin.

Having a sauna or steam room is not just warming, it is also therapeutic.  Sweating is a great way to open up pores and rid the body of toxins.  Or at least the water-soluble ones.

As a side note, my sweat smells like curry.  Which is curious because I have not eaten any curry.  It must be an ingredient in all those supplements I've been taking for The Cleanse.

Thank you, http://www.mccoysauna.com/, for the picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment