Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 3: Tired (and cranky)

The Cleanse is exhausting.  Food preparation takes so much more time and energy when eating only fresh food - the shopping, the chopping, the assembling or cooking.  It makes me realize how much I rely on convenience foods and grains for energy.  Eating fresh foods takes longer, too.  It took me 15 minutes to eat a head of raw broccoli today.  Yeesh, that is half of my lunch break!  Did you know that eating celery actually burns calories because it takes more energy to chew and digest than there are calories to be digested?  No wonder our ancestors struggled to get enough to eat - by the time they cooked and ate their fiber-rich whole food, it was time to go hunt and gather again.

(added on Day 5: can you tell this was my worst day on the cleanse?)

No comments:

Post a Comment