Monday, March 16, 2015

A Solution for Breakfast

I am almost never hungry when I first wake up.  I enjoy drinking tea, but solid food is just not that appetizing.  However, as someone who pays close attention to my body, I know that breakfast helps jump start my metabolism.  I also know that, if I don't eat, I will be *starving* by 10am.  Usually, I force myself to eat breakfast shortly after I wake up so I can make it until lunch, around noon, without eating.  Today, I did something different and it was *magical*.

I woke up at 7:30am and made myself a cup of green tea.  Instead of cooking breakfast, I cut up a kiwi and peeled a Cara Cara orange (citrus is currently in season) to nibble on.  As predicted, I was *ravenous* by 10am.  Thankfully, I am working from home today and was able to return to the kitchen and cook myself a full plate of sautéed baby kale, 2 eggs over easy, a slice of Canadian bacon, and a small stack of gluten-free pancakes with berries and full-fat yogurt on the side.  I *crushed* the food, enjoying every single bit with reckless abandon.

Today is a good food day.


look how yellow those yolks are!  Darker color = more nutrients :)


I love eggs over easy with the gooey center; it's like dressing for my kale!


No comments:

Post a Comment