Monday, February 16, 2015

Modern Reiki Principles

During my dietetic internship, I spent my elective rotation at the George Washington Center for Integrative Medicine (CIM).  Having worked as a student clinician at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health (BCNH), coordinating care with other health care providers, I was curious to experience another integrative medicine facility.  I wondered if integrative care in the nation's capitol would be different than integrative care on the west coast (Bastyr is located in Seattle, WA).  

While it is obvious that DC lacks the "earth mamma energy" of the west, the services provided by CIM were no different than at the BCNH.  In addition to naturopathic medicine, acupuncture and herbal medicine, I was also introduced to the healing art of Reiki.  On this Mindful Monday, I would like to share with you the modern Reiki principles.

Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will not anger.
Today, I will live honestly.
Just for today, I will respect the oneness of all life.
Just for today, I will be kind to everyone I meet.
Just for today, I will show gratitude to all living things.




No comments:

Post a Comment