Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fresh


Last week I had the great opportunity to view the movie Fresh by ana Sofia joanes. It was amazing. It has a similar theme to Food Inc., but with a much more hopeful and optomistic message. And you know how much I love hopeful. *smile*

I envision a future where farms like Polyface and Growing Power multiply and begin popping up all over the nation, motivating people to eat fresh, local, and seasonal food! I see a future where people care where their food comes from and are willing to pay a little more for it. Heck, I see a future where the government starts subsidizing the production of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables on small farms and animals raised on their natural diets without the use of antibiotics INSTEAD OF the monoculture bohemouths and CAFOs that current provide cheap commodities to fuel our unhealthy, excessive Standard American Diet (SAD) food.

Maybe my dreams are too big to accomplish is a lifetime, but gosh darnit, I will die trying to make them a reality.

Long live good, fresh, healthy, tasty food!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...

    There needs to be more movies like this, rather than based on fear and disgust. The other food movies just made me sick and depressed. I loved the trailer, thank you for the link. How wonderful that it inspires hope, love and positive change. Thank you so much for this! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete